Augé Legal&Fiscal was a pioneer and is a benchmark in the Principality with regard to the consolidation and effective implementation of self-employed residence status. This form of residence, which includes a work permit, is granted based on the incorporation of an Andorran commercial company in which more than 34% of the shares are held, as well as occupying a management position in that company.
Other requirements of this status include a minimum of a 183-day stay in the country in order to be able to renew the residence, as well as effective contributions to the Andorran Social Security and the posting of a recoverable deposit of €50,000 with the Andorran Financial Authority.
Self-employed residence status is aimed at professionals who hold part of the share capital of an Andorran company and who additionally hold a decision-making position on the company’s management body or liberal professionals who wish to carry out an activity in the Principality (the latter without a guarantee deposit of €50,000).
Requirements for obtaining such residence status
- The incorporation of an Andorran commercial company in which more than 34% of the shares are held.
- Contribution to the Andorran Social Security Fund.
- Effective exercise of the position of manager on the management body.
- 183-day stay in Andorra in order to be granted renewal.
- Deposit of €50,000 with the AFA.
- In the special case of qualified professions, membership of a professional association or body.