A registered trademark is a key asset for any company, as it allows it to create a lasting relationship with its clientele and distinguish itself from its competitors.
The 8 million tourists who visit Andorra each year fully justify the effort made to protect your brand in the Principality.
The trademark department at Augé Legal & Fiscal has registered brands on behalf of its clients for over 20 years. The process of registering a trademark in Andorra takes only a few days and gives the holder a renewable ten-year monopoly.
An Andorran trademark requires a specific registration, since the territory is not covered under a European Union trademark and it cannot be assigned with an international request.
The specialists at Augé Legal & Fiscal offer the following services involving trademarks:
- Strategy and coordination to request trademarks in Andorra or abroad
- Checks of trademark registry before requesting an Andorran trademark or checks on competitors (monitoring)
- Assessment of trademark rights
- Request for Andorran trademark
- Transfer, assignment of trademark licences
- Granting of trademark pledge
- Customs holds
- Legal action due to trademark infringement or trademark invalidation
- Alternate means of resolving conflicts: arbitration / mediation
Example: An Andorran trademark, considered a component of a company’s assets, may be used as a pledge associated with a guarantee given to an Andorran bank that provides a loan to the company that holds said Andorran trademark.